About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Sunday, July 1, 2007

life safari # 13 1/2

Well, what an action packed day. I didn't do anything I needed to (like mow yard) I did what I wanted to.

I saw La Vie En Rose. Oh My, I was so impressed and glued to my seat. It is the best I've ever seen. I mentally keep pinching myself, asking myself if I really saw what I saw.

I didn't cry, it was too sad for tears. Also too much meat to take time away to cry. I was mesmerized, I tell you. I fell in love with the woman, the child she was, her voice and stature.

What a woman, what a life and what a real fantastic job of art the entire movie was.

One part of the film was so spell-binding to me. The director absolutely made the film unforgettable and dynamic with that scene (for me).

Enough about that. Birthday Night was fantastic tonight also. And dinner before, superb.

Now here it is 2:32 am, Sunday morning and I'm still messing around. And, I'm not the only one awake. Someone answered an invitation to join me on a new site. Thank you SW.

Well, I go to bed with La Vie En Rose still very vivid in my mind. I hear Edith singing, see her singing. I love her voice. That "Little Sparrow" with the big voice, Edith Piaf's life will haunt me, delight me, anger me and please me for a time to come.

I think the movie is a "must see." I hope it wins some (all) Academy Awards. Bravo !!!!!

No comments: