About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Monday, June 25, 2007

life safari #7 1/2

What an eventful day. Dennis had his 13 th AA birthday. I received three pieces of art by Scott W. All very dynamic and heady. I am pleased as punch to have aquired his work. I hope he is successful and renowned in the future.

Lady A is still sober. Thank God for that. She has struggled for so long and is so young and pretty. Sweet too (sober). I don't think I would like her much loaded. I am afraid for her. She can not see to break away from her drinking patterns. I do understand that she has many hurts, regrets and misses her children dearly. I can not imagine what she has to go through not seeing them. It can not be easy.

I am Grateful that...
I am clean and sober another day
My friends and family look forward to my showing up at the nooner and I look forward to them showing up there. We're expected. We're counted on. We're missed when we're not there.
When I was drinking no one missed me except those girls at the Cabaret and that was only the $$$$$ they missed.
I'm grateful for the 2 books and articles Don brought me this afternoon. And the card, always knows what we enjoy, our tastes and likes. Love you, Love you, Love you.
A slow day at work. I was able to read pretty consistently the book : The Mass: An invitation to Enjoy It.
The book describes some of the dynamics of the Mass such as, after leaving Mass, we are to go out into the world and live the faith we have just professed. Live the Mass in our world. Thank you Don.
Thank you too Frank. Two pious individuals who are helping me understand and reach for my goal.
For the appreciation I have aquired for persons, places and things that I took for granted in my drinking/drugging days. Thank You and Peace be with You All.

No comments: