About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Thursday, June 28, 2007

life safari #11

I am Grateful that...

I am clean and sober another day
I have the opportunity to change my life today
I look forward to seeing my family at noon
I am not Lady A or others like her
I can have compassion for those mentioned above however, after doing what I could to help, I can turn it over to God and have my hands off of their spiral down, down, down. And, they will not take me with them.
AA is my life raft
It is almost the weekend. What a celebration of better life in sobriety Saturday will be. June is a huge month. I know many of the celebrants - I am proud of you all !
I can be proud of my efforts to change. However, I still fail miserably in my eyes and, I believe in God's eyes. I must work much harder.
I vow to apply myself this day to setting those stubborn habits and defects of character free. Perhaps if I just let go, God can remove them.
Let Go and Let God today missy
thank YOU

1 comment:

Scott W said...

Conversations with God tells us that God wants for us what we want. Nothing more, nothing less.

He would ask us if we thought anything He made was inferior, if the answer is no then we cannot think we are inferior. Nothing more, nothing less.