About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Sunday, June 24, 2007

life safari #6

Good afternoon.

I believe I was very tired. I normally get up pretty early, not so today.

I am Grateful...
that God has seen fit to allow me another day. I look forward to living up to my promise of staying in faith, changing my behavior in areas that trip me up, and sharing about the Grace I have been given.
for my sobriety and another day of being smoke-free.
helping a fellow alcoholic yesterday. I stayed sober, what a gift. Thank you Lady A.
for hearing a wonderful story of recovery last night - what a life. And he didn't have time to really go into details.
for Precious. God's other gift of Grace to me. So many !
it isn't raining today.
I have the option of mowing the back yard, cleaning up the rest of the front yard -or not.
that my thoughts are with Lady A. I can not help but worry whether or not she has 3 days today. I trust that she is under her Higher Power's wing and that I've done and said enough for now. It's an inside job for those who want it, not who need it.
that I want it ! for many years I didn't and it almost left me dead on the outside too. Get what I'm putting down?
Thank you fellow bloggers for being active in my life. It is a changing experience.

2 comments:

dAAve said...

Can you imagine the size of the space necessary for meetings if everyone who needed recovery could go to a meeting?

Scott W said...

Dave, I can't imagine!