About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Thursday, September 6, 2007

life safari #83

Thursday. No rain in our forecast today.

I am Grateful and Thankful...
that I am not a religious zealot
I got an offer for a job yesterday
that I have to pinch myself over the fact that I get paid to do what I do - I smooze and cut-up with people all day - SWEET
that sometimes I forget that there is no "perfect" situation in any job
that the offer made me feel appreciated and that I do have skills that are attractive to other's
Thank you, B
that thanks to my departed Father, I don't have to keep my nose to the grindstone
for a number of years I have scaled down my cost of living (since 1985) So, I have contributed to my own ability to live on less
that I feel for those who can not manage their money and so must work 2 or 3 jobs
because of my parents' example, (and help when younger) I was raised to be responsible
God's Grace. I have been Blessed, I know it and I'm the first to tell you
to be sober and clean this morning. That fact has been one of the biggest reasons why I am where I am today. Had I not sobered up in 1997 I would be penniless
thank YOU

1 comment:

Scott W said...

So, are you gonna take the job?