About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Sunday, September 2, 2007

life safari #79

Happy Sunday !

my cold is better but, my chest is very congested. A trip to the Doctor for a shot to "dry me up" would be a nice gift to myself on Tuesday.

Right after I got up from my post on Saturday, there was one more Hummingbird in the fray of chasing the other two away from the feeders. I have never been able to discover where they nest. I know that they have several in the tree out front and in my next door neighbor's tree. I see them come and go from the atrium. Their nests are so tiny, it would be like finding a needle in a haystack. That discovery is on my list of "perhaps one day's." In all the times I walked in Brazos Bend State Park, I never came upon a sluffed-off deer antler either. Or, a hawk or owl's feather. Boy, I could work up a good "resentment list" over these disapointments. No need for that.

What I am Grateful and Thankful for today is...

I'm sober and clean this morning
I am safe
Precious is safe
I have a roof over my head. And, it's a nice roof
I have Grace, Peace, Family, Health, Serenity, Love, Integrity, DSL, Sustenance, Great Memories, Time to make more Memories
I have the world on a string !
God's Grace and time to work on becoming deserving of IT
One More Day to enjoy God's Bounty
thank YOU

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ARE WE NOT DESERVING JUST BY BEING GOD'S CREATION?
AN E-MAIL ON THE WAY..
LOVE YOU

dAAve said...

I love that you included DSL in the midst of everything else.
LOL
hehe

Scott W said...

Give me DSL or else!

Glad you're feeling better.