About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Monday, September 3, 2007

life safari #80

Happy Labor Day.

I am Grateful and Thankful ...

for another day of sobriety and being clean
wonderful blogging entries from my friends
photos and art shared
modern conveniences
for the rest and relaxation the past week
I had a pleasant dream about my horse last night (been years)
for dreams remembered - it is a rarity
Precious
to have a "comfortable" life today
that I am fortunate, Blessed - to be able to slow down as I get older. I worried for years what would happen tomorrow. What would become of me.
To be able to appreciate "age" as being a "mellow" place (for me)
God's Grace

3 comments:

dAAve said...

Dreams?
Oh yeah, I have those. I think.

Scott W said...

Gonna get that s hot today?

Anonymous said...

I too had a horse when I was younger. I am blessed to have one now after waiting for 30 yrs. He is a 16h quarter/cross named Dakota and I love him to death, even tho he did spook Saturday and spilled me onto the VERY hard ground. I'm a bit bruised but fine. What made me the maddest was that I planned on riding every day this weekend. My rear end wouldn't let me pursue that pleasure.

Lisa (scott w's sister from Ky)

Come on up to Ky and ride w/me!!