About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

life safari #55

I am Grateful and Thankful...

for time off from my job
more things to move and get into the garage to open up the rooms of my home
the realization today that...
things are just things
the knowledge that there is a "source" which has blessed me with material possessions but that they are NOT to be the object of importance in my life
the more I get rid of "things," the easier it gets
that over the years my home has become my place of serenity and peace. I do not have to go to the woods to have that feeling any more
Living beings are what I cherish today
that I am grateful to have what I have. I want what I have today and I'm happy with what I have. I only strive to better my relationship with my loved ones and have a greater faith in my Higher Power
to be clean and sober one more day

2 comments:

Scott W said...

Having what I want and wanting what I have is what it's all about.

dAAve said...

I think that about covers it all.