About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Sunday, August 5, 2007

life safari #52

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Sonny told me last night that it has been 1 year since his hospitalization for quadruple by-pass surgery. Oh my, it seems like a life-time ago and yet like just yesterday.

I am Grateful and Thankful that/for...

I got to participate in Sonny's care-giving last year
his health and well-being today
the bonds we made during that surgery and rehab
that I got alot of "things" out of the house and into the garage yesterday and again today
Scott's artwork looks good in the front part of my home. Now other's can appreciate it - not just myself (was all in my bedroom before)
Precious is fine and is her "Precious self" today after the ordeal at the Vet's yesterday
She just awoke from a cat-nap and came in here to see me - I love this girl !
to be clean and sober another day
I'm less over-whelmed about the house work today
small successes lead me to do more and get finished
House cleaning is the reason why I'm taking 3 days off from work next week
rather than use those days to runa dn play, I am going to clean, clean, clean and get it DONE
when I get up from here, I will take mucho National Geographic Magazines to a recycle bin near the house
then, I am finished for this day
the Blessing of prior statement
God's Grace
thank YOU

No comments: