About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Monday, August 6, 2007

life safari #53 1/2

Well, one more day at work tomorrow and I'm off to work around the house for 2 days then, I get to run and play for 2 days. What a deal.

Got the yard trimmed when I got home from work, showered and I get a wonderful treat tonight.

Don K loaned me a dvd that has live performances of Edith Piaf and some narration of her life.

I can't wait to get in bed and watch it.

Tomorrow morning I will mow the grass and then get to the noon meeting, then to work.

I was reading a book at work and came across an interesting statement I wanted to share.

Francis de Sales wrote in 1609 in his Introduction to the Devout Life, that "the more perfect our patience, the more completely do we possess our souls."

That gave me a new look at my lack of patience.

Good Night All.

1 comment:

dAAve said...

i have no clue about patience.