About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Monday, August 6, 2007

life safari #53

Monday

I am Grateful and Thankful...

that I got so much done in the house this weekend
I have more to do but am excited to get to it
by Wednesday I will have everything that I'm moving around (and, eliminating) done and I can get to the "cleaning"
to devote 2 days to clean up. Friday begins my day to "run and play"
service work at Lambda on Sunday - more "getting rid of and cleaning"
Precious also seems to like the changes in the house
the money I make from my "yard sale" will go toward Frank's and my trip to Italy and France next year
for the people in my life whom I love and who love me
once again, I face the fact that making women friends is tricky business - I'm much better with the men in my life - thank you guys
if I were "perfect" I would not have anything to work on. As it is, the awareness each day that I want to change and grow makes my life have purpose. Boy, do I have purpose !
that it is us "imperfect people" who make the "perfect people" look good. Where would they be without us
for the sunshine this morning
a short week at work - burn-out is looming
the opportunity to build an intimate relationship with my Sponsor
God's Grace
thank YOU

1 comment:

Scott W said...

Yea! Italy and France, and also someone's underpants!