About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

life safarie #62

Good morning. It is a bit cooler this A.M.

I got the yard mowed before we get rain from the system off our coast - I'm a happy camper.
I just delight in my yard when It is freshly mowed

Today, I am Grateful and Thankful...
for prediction of some rain (finally)
I am prepared, in case of hurricanes this year
that, my drinking/drugging story is "just garden variety" but my recovery is miraculous
to be alive - so many aren't
that I am sober and clean and smoke-free today
I am happy the way in which I handled my anger yesterday - I did nothing, said nothing and looked for MY part in the affair
that the knowledge that I have a part in everything takes most of the lashing-out away
lesson I've tried to get down all my adulthood - It's not What I say, it's HOW I say it
nice, loving, calm, polite and respectful is the way in which I choose to conduct myself today
for advance notice that I am requested to stay late at work tonight
Precious and her loving company
my Sponsor and AA family
God's Grace in my life
thank YOU

1 comment:

Scott W said...

Happy you had a great Wednesday.