About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

life safari #61

Ok, I've put down the cigarettes again. I had such a coughing spell last night that it was the only sensible choice.

I intend to work the steps on smoking (quitting), pray for help and just try and think how awful I felt last night - that remembrance should keep me abstainant for some time.

Good morning. A very Happy Birthday wish to Bob S. !!!!!!

I am Grateful and Thankful...

for the ability to breathe in oxygen this morning
God's Grace
another day sober and clean
the vacant house next door is getting their yard mowed - finally
it's garbage day for us
the hot coffee
that I have a home, yard, cat and I'm physically able to get around without a cane
Frank - a long-time friend and now my Sponsor and family
Bob S. - another long-time friend and family
for so many Blessings it amazes me
Thank YOU

2 comments:

dAAve said...

"The Easy Way to Stop Smoking"
by Alan Carr

Scott W said...

That book is how Dave and I both quit.

You can do it, but you have to surrender.