About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Friday, August 17, 2007

life safari #64

TGIF.

My emotions have been all over the place this week. Partly, getting back to work after time off. Work tends to interfere in my social life. Yesterday I realized I was depressed. There are some things that happen around work that are issues for "fighting for the principle" of it. I have gotten to a point in my life where I hate to be so conflicted. If other's would do what they are supposed to do when they are supposed to do it - there would be no problem. It's the notion of "where my rights begin and end" and "where your rights begin and end." It's an on-going issue around these un-announced meetings that I'm asked to stay late for at work. It now seems like a weekly ordeal and I feel my rights are at issue. This creates anger in me which leads to depression. Just do what you're supposed to do. Now hear this...your lack of organization does not create a crisis in my life !!!!!!!!! 'Nuff said ?

I am Grateful and Thankful...

it's Friday
rain and cooler temperatures
it takes a few days to figure out that I am depressed now but it least I finally realize what I'm feeling
in the past, I had no awareness of what I felt - ever. I thought I was just "mad" all the time
I can go over and love on Precious and feel better
no wonder pets increase longevity in humans - what a Blessing !
one more day clean and sober
the realization that I am not in a place of "surrender" on a couple of issues
the realization that, Surrender is the goal
this "Mortgage" mess has affected many. Some where I work. Yesterday was a very hard day for some. Unfortunately, there will be more ripples to come
God's Grace
Thank YOU

1 comment:

Scott W said...

Hang on, it always passes. Sometimes I have to force myself to ask for what I want. I get frustrated when I don't stand up for my rights.