About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Saturday, August 18, 2007

life safari #65

Ah, it's Saturday again.

I am Grateful and Thankful...
no rain yet, today
two days off from work
that talking about my thoughts and feelings always diffuses my anger
when I get past just being angry and see all sides of an issue, I am less reactive and perverse
I wish I could get to the above faster than I do
that I realize that I need to be in a place of gratitude about having my job - it is a good deal for me
I get to do more service work at Lambda tonight
It's not all about me
I forget that life isn't fair - I know that for a fact but keep trying to make it different. It isn't fair for all, not just for me
to be sober and clean today
the realization that I need to laugh in the face of difficulty more often - I am too serious. Too intense.
that I was able to make someone feel special and cared for in a time of sadness, grief and loss
I have a "purpose" here on earth
God's Grace
Precious, who has changed me in ways that needed to be changed. Her little loving Spirit has tempered my reactions over these 6 - 7 years.
AA and my AA family have tempered the rest
Thank YOU

1 comment:

dAAve said...

I am glad I'll see you tonight.