About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Monday, August 13, 2007

life safari #60 3/4

Well, the day at work was good. Hot, but good.

It was rather slow which was just fine with me. Too hot to move around much.

Went to the noon meeting, it left me cold. I wonder why folks who don't come around for a very long time want to lead meetings because they seem to be out of touch with their audience, tend to talk about themselves in relation to the topic too long and too often, call on their cronies in the meeting, and in general, appear to struggle to fit in.

The other problem today was that several folks that shared tended to lecture and were using those "you" and "they" statements. Talk about YOURSELF. Speak from your gut about YOU, not outside yourself. Oh, I just want to scream when members talk like that in meetings.

Where is YOUR experience, strength and hope on the subject?

Sorry for the rant. If one does not have something to share, it is ok to pass.

I realize the main thing is to do what ever it takes to stay sober for that hour. It just frustrates me when I believe I'm being fed a lot of hockey.

the end

2 comments:

dAAve said...

The thing to notice about hockey is the ability for a person to puck himself.

Scott W said...

Those are the exact reasons you do not see me in a meeting led by that particular person. All that self serving shit makes me crazy and frankly, I try not to expose myself to it.

Stay cool.