About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Thursday, August 23, 2007

life safari #70

So glad the week is almost over. I have had a nice week because I have done some things around the house before going to work. It makes coming home a joy.

I will have a busy weekend at the Center starting on Friday night-late and early Sat. morning.
Since I have chosen to not run back and forth to the Center all week, I look forward to the work ahead there.

No Hummingbird sightings. Darn it !

I am Grateful and Thankful for/that...
I have an atrium for Precious to go out in - my Precious cat can be a Lioness for awhile
being sober and clean another day
that Sunday I will tackle going through a couple of my closets and get them cleaned out
I could open my own "frame shop" I have so many - good garage sale fare
I actually look forward to having the garage sale when it gets cooler
What money I make will go toward a trip to France and Italy
Saturday night is Aug. Birthday Night - lots of long-term sobriety !
that when I ruminate on issues that distress me, I eventually come up with the "right answers"
self examination has been one of the gifts of AA for me
when I'm wrong, I have the guts to admit it and make amends - some are due this weekend (amends, that is)
for the people who love me and tell me the truth in a loving manner
I like to eat my crow with Blue Cheese dressing - big chunks of blue cheese
God's Grace
thank YOU

1 comment:

Scott W said...

I never tried crow with dressing. That might go down better.