About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Sunday, August 19, 2007

life safari #66 1/2

Sunday evening. Well, as I suspected, doing the yard work totally pushed out all negative thoughts and feelings. Other than thoughts of survival, that is. Oh my, I am so grateful that I don't have more lot than I've got. I waited until 5:00 pm and still thought I would pass out seveal times. But, the mowing is done, weedeating in the atrium, and watered the plants. I had a nice shower afterward and feel proud of how the yard looks. My spirits are raised and my yard work is finished for the week - let it rain or whatever it's going to do.

I also got clothes that were stacked on my bunk beds for a time, folded and put away.

Life is good Sunday night. Other than a very tired back, I'm ready for a good work week.

Still no Hummers about. Plenty of butterflies to enjoy, however.

Well, I leave you all with a wish for a good night and a good week. Oh, and a picture that sums up how we feel here at the abode. Precious says it best.

Night all.

No comments: