About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Sunday, August 19, 2007

life safari #66

Sunday.
Report on Hummingbird sightings - none so far.

Today I am Grateful and Thankful for/that...
I usually catch my misspelled words prior to posting
the same with "transposing" letters - happening very often lately
it is very sunny this morning - hot and sunny
I feel a bit old today
there is a feeling of disappointment in me that I can't quite put my finger on today - it has to do with last night
I believe it has to do with the "new generation" coming and the "old guard" being replaced
Yep, I'm getting old
to have great memories of years past (and people) at the Center
for the talent, guts and joy of those who performed for us last night
to be clean and sober today
to be getting more done around the house
for pictures that document life and times in my life
for the good and the bad times in my life - it all shaped who I am
I want to be just like my cat when I grow up !
I want and need to "surrender" my worries about the future to my Higher Power but it is difficult this morning
God's Grace - I am not worthy
that perhaps I will feel better Spiritually after I mow the yards
thank YOU

2 comments:

Scott W said...

There is a remedy for misspelled words and transposed letters, it's the spell check in the tool bar of Blogger.

Why do you think you are not worth of God's grace?

dAAve said...

Isn't it a wonderful thing to be alive and able to watch all the new people arrive? And see many stay? I look forward to those days; I'm still one of the new ones though.