About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Monday, August 20, 2007

life safari #67

What a beautiful Monday morning.

I am Grateful and Thankful...
to be sober and clean this morning
that my back is well rested
I got great sleep through the night
Although I awoke at 4:30, I was able to go back to sleep until 8:00 am
I am having doubts about being so involved in the Lambda Center - it seems like a men's meat market lately (boy's meat market to be more correct)
It probably has been all along, I'm just seeing it lately - just MY opinion
that the days of my seeking someone to fill that hole in my center has been replaced with my Higher Power
I love many people at Lambda, they are my Family but, for me, it is time for a change of recovery setting - 'nuff said
for Precious
for my home and it's newly mowed and manicured lawn and flower beds
I pray to be able to step away a bit without prejudice, judgement or animosity
the road narrows
I leave this morning with one piece of "food for thought" - What price Glory?
Namaste

3 comments:

Scott W said...

The meat at Lambda is not all that cute anyway.

Anonymous said...

Kathy, By entering into a new Chapter in your life in becoming a Catholic, perhaps you will find new family in your Catachism class. I'm sure LAMBDA will be there to fall back to, but there are marvelous things ahead on the horizon in your steps towards God. You are loved.

dAAve said...

I am on a diet which does not include red meat. Besides, most of the Lambda meat is well done.

I suspect things are the same as always, it's just that you see things a little differently.