About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Sunday, July 22, 2007

life safari #38

Happy Sunday.

I am Grateful and Thankful...

for a wonderful visit with out of town friends yesterday
I got a good rest and sound sleep last night and this morning
for the Defrag button on the computer
that I choose to not drink alcohol today - I wish my resolve to not smoke was as great
Yes, that Tammy Faye is out of pain now - God rest her Soul
Precious got sprayed by a huge "stickbug" but she seems to be physically alright (at present)
that I realize how much in denial I am regarding smoking
same denial about my living environment
To know that being over-whelmed has been a life-long problem for me. I try unsuccessfully to deny that as well. It is eating away at my energy
the knowledge that if I would stop shooting myself in the foot my recovery would be back on a positive track
I'm a mess right now and I know it
that if I confess it, perhaps I, with the help of my peers, I will change it
Please help me. Ask me what's going on. Please encourage me to get what needs fixing done so I can have you over to my home.
I am Grateful and Thankful that I have the courage to aire this request
Thank YOU

2 comments:

dAAve said...

What's going on?
What needs fixing?
As long as your door can open, you can have me, or anyone else, over to your home.

Scott W said...

Have you talked with your sponsor? If you need anything please call. I try to answer my phone.