About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Friday, July 13, 2007

life safari #26

What a nice thing - sleep and feeling rested. When I was young I pulled all-nighters often. Now, it takes two days and nights to recover.

I am Grateful for/that...

it is Friday - an end to a long and hot week
Friday's are a cake walk at work
a group of folks I didn't care for at first has now become a group of folks I enjoy and look forward to cutting up with
the level of energy I have always had -it is a Blessing
I can get some other tasks done in the yards this weekend (between rains)
a relaxing morning. I do not feel internally torn to be anywhere else
getting to be involved with so many dynamic people (many of them in AA)
I bit my tongue at work yesterday and didn't get myself in trouble
thoughts are quiet - if anyone heard them, oh my goodness gracious !
no matter who in my world is upset with me, my Precious cat loves me unconditionally
I am seeing some of the areas where I am "challenged"
I accept the facts of above and, today, do not need to judge myself or beat myself up. It just "is"
that I am alive, sober, clean and smoke-free another day
and what a beautiful life I have today
the Grace of God
and my friends and family

1 comment:

dAAve said...

smoke-free --- YES!!