About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Thursday, July 12, 2007

life safari #25

Oh Brother ! I have worked, checked, found when reopened the work I just did is not there.
Worked, checked, same thing. Reworked. It is amazing how time flies when I am totally focused on a goal.

It occurs to me that I may expect work to appear in a nano second. Perhaps it actually takes a few moments for the system to configure. Go figure. It has been a theme in my life up until this very moment.

Instant gratification. I want it now. I want to see it at the instant I push the "save" button.

I just know at this point that I am Grateful...

that I don't have to be anywhere until I report for work at 2:00 tomorrow
I can have some coffee now and then sleep for a few hours
I might learn some skills in these new endeavors in spite of myself
for friends that offer mucho assistance
to go lie down and rest my back. It is going to feel very good after all this whoop-la tonight
for a gut wrenching story at noon. I have nothing but respect for that woman !
for sobriety
for AA
for my fellows
for really wanting to make people happy today
to know a little about service to others these days
that Precious is so patient with me
I am going to be patient with myself today
For Grace
that I have not had that cigarette that I want while I sit at this computer
that I really am going to stop and go to bed now (right after I make some coffee)
Good Night

2 comments:

dAAve said...

You now have that profile pic online. Good job!!

That certainly was a good talk at the nooner on Wednesday. We are an amazing lot.

Scott W said...

Are you saying you are posting in Blogger and hitting save and it not appearing online? If you hit save and don't go back to the posts listing on the dashboard that post won't be published until you hit the publish button. Try that and let me know.

And go to bed! lol