About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Friday, October 31, 2008

life safari 10-31-08


Well, it's Friday. This is my least favorite "hollowday" so,excuse my not in the mood of it.


I tried twice to post yesterday but just couldn't get in the mood. All this election business and smear -type talk has just saturated me lately. I, too look forward to it all being over. We've lived this stuff for almost the entire year ! Good gosh, I dread the next election -over-kill.


I am Grateful and Thankful for/that...

I can take my mind off of the political scene with All Saint's Day and All Soul's Day this weekend

Precious is out in the atrium enjoying this wonderful weather day

although I am years from losing several people I love, I am missing them very much right now

It seems that I get melancoly around this time each year. I begin thinking of those whom are no longer with me. Those whom gathered to eat together at the Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner tables.

This is one reason I had such a difficult time posting yesterday - putting these feelings into words is difficult

it is my intention to go to a Rosary service Sunday for All Soul's Day, honoring my deceased parents

I will be eternally grateful if I can get through the service without blubbering through it all

I have my doubts

I am going to try-I can always leave if I am unable to make it

Thank YOU

God's Grace

Photo above - my parents in better times

2 comments:

dAAve said...

Memories are great and no one can take them away.

Akannie said...

Prayers and kisses to you, little Peanut.

My parents have been gone about 25 years. No grandparents either. And I sometimes get in that melancholy space too.
The weird part is that I am now the matriarch of my family of origin. I have 5 siblings and all their kids and my kid and his family...still makes for a herd.

Family is all 'round, especially since AA and God have come into life.

xoxoxox