About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Monday, October 27, 2008

life safari 10-27-08

Monday. What a beautiful weather day in H-town.

I am heartened by a response from a friend regarding my blog yesterday. Thank you, dAAve.
Have no fear that I am staying sober and clean. The last months of my drinking almost killed me. And what I am really in touch with is that, I might have killed someone else.

I am completely understanding on the point that our celebrating at birthday nights can inspire other's. But, I have truly run out of things to say up there. The past two years - especially last year - I thanked AA and God for my sobriety and the life I have today. No more than that can I really say. AA led me (after many, many years) to a Spiritual awareness. Then, after some years, I needed something more than Spirituality. That need was for a religion. I set out to add to a rudimentary beginning in the Catholic faith. Now, a few years later, I worship and lead a life as a Catholic. My journey in becoming a Catholic Christian is not what anyone wants to hear at an AA birthday night celebration. And, that is my story today. So, my inspiration has a pretty limited audience, I suspect.
I don't believe I need to appear so people can see me-as if to prove that I am still sober and clean. Some people will believe whatever they want and make up whatever they want to believe with or without any facts. What has that got to do with me?

I am Grateful and Thankful...

for this Fall day. What a beauty !!
for friends and family
for Precious who knows me and loves me anyway
for Frank who knows me and loves me anyway
for dAAve and his up-lifting words and support
God's Grace
my life today after a period of dryness and strife
to KNOW that God performed a miracle in my life the other day
and, to know that that was absolutely NOT the first or only Miracle
thank YOU

1 comment:

Akannie said...

Well, I'll just say this: I was told early on that you celebrate your first few birthdays for YOU...after that you show up and celebrate your birthdays so that the newcomers can see that this really works.

I can understand your feelings though...

Me?--I'll still do ANYTHING for a party...lol