About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

life safari 10-28-08

Wow, already it's Tuesday ! Was a bit "nippy" this morning. But, it sure beats the heat of this summer - especially when I had no power after Ike.

I am Grateful and Thankful for/that...

a new contact on my Blog. Welcome and thank you for writing Peek-A-Boo Street !
I have much to to research and will not get all the articles printed this morning. I am reading up on WWI and the resultant condition of the Middle East (BBC has a very unbiased outlook)
I read some of the articles at work yesterday - it opened my eyes to much
the desire to be more open minded/open hearted regarding peoples who are different than I
for the life I have with Precious in it-I love to watch her in cold weather. She fluffs up like a bird and lays on her little hands(paws)
I will trade any trips for a longer life with my Precious girl
the fact that all the "Hate-Mongers" out there do not faze me-I love my "delete" button !
I pray for peace. Just a day of World Peace. And, if we can do it for a day, it can be done longer
I work on "dropping the rock" every day. Some situations I fail at it but, I now re-group and remember the bigger picture
God's Grace and Salvation
thank YOU

2 comments:

Anne said...

Aw thank you for the warm welcome. No one has ever did that for me on there blogs. Thank you also for visiting my blog. You to are very much welcome at my blog. Have a nice evening.

Akannie said...

My old sponsor (a 35 year sober Catholic mother of the world) used to say..."Get off the cross--we need the wood!!!!"

Open minds and open hearts go hand in hand, I think....

Morning, peanut. xoxoxo