About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Sunday, November 2, 2008

All Soul's Day 2008

Happy Sunday, beautiful weather here in Houston this morning.

Last year at this time, I had, for the first time participated in "the Day of the Dead" at church.
I posted a poster of my deceased loved ones in one of our chapels and it was a most freeing and satisfying experience. Also, their names were listed in a book for prayers by members of the church who devote time exclusively to that end. Last year the chapel was filled with photos. This year, sadly, very few are participating. I wonder why. However, I didn't either. Perhaps once is enough.

Today, I am Grateful and Thankful for/that...

I had a wonderful lunch with my friend Sonny yesterday
I signed up to celebrate my AA birthday at Lambda on Nov. 22nd
had a wonderful experience before Mass yesterday, one that I had not expected
I am so glad, however, for the experience (above)
I cried, as usual, a few times during Mass
you know, I don't even get ashamed or feel "funny" over it any longer. I am very sensitive and have always been. Yes, I tried all my life to hide that fact from other's - no longer
I actually like being as sensitive as I am today
was able to extend myself to someone whom I do not know but is living in "survival" mode
for the love of God - He gave me Precious (and much more)
I get to honor the memory and death of my parents today
that along with my parents, I will be honoring and thinking of the rest of my deceased family and friends
Thank YOU

No comments: