About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Sunday, August 26, 2007

life safari #72 and #73

Good Sunday. I fell behind on my posts. I was busy and unable to write Saturday but, the day was very productive. Had an inpromtu "garage sale" of the rubbish we took from behind the stage at the Center. It was not announced because we did not want anyone bringing anything from their home, we just wanted to see what we could glean from what we had. As it turns out, for the items we had to "sell" we made about $300.00. Enough to buy the shelves we need to purchase to store the keeper items behind the stage on.

It was a fun day. Early start (8:00 am) but, funa s the morning progressed.

I was able to make my amends to D for my comments and judgements regarding our "matching funds" contributor on Friday night, a week ago. He was very gracious and accepted my apology.
I learned a lot from that incident and will not jump to judge again. I was wrong on all levels and will not repeat that behavior.

I have a new respect for the board members of the Center. I like and respect all of them. It is a wonderful thing to "play" with people one works with.

It is a beautiful bonding experience. I have a new set of glasses. Thank you D,T,B,D and M.

I believe we make a strong team for the Lambda Board. We are there to serve, hopefully make some safety corrections and save the Center some money in the bargain.

I am proud to serve with you guys and dolls (Z). teehee

I am Grateful and Thankful..
to be clean and sober another day
a wonderful Birthday Night last night
Happy AA Birthday everyone !
Jeanie, I am thinking of you and will call you to see how you are doing. You were missed last night. God Bless.
Thank YOU

2 comments:

dAAve said...

Thanks for the hard work regarding the garage sale stuff and all the cleaning up back there.
What a wonderful birthday night, eh?

Scott W said...

Thanks for your service work in general. We need more people devoted to Lambda Center.