About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

life safari #76

Wednesday morning. No hummers sighted to date. Another awesome storm yesterday evening, beautiful and powerful. I do not like being in my glass "box" during lightening at work. I try and make myself very small - there's also the counter to dive under.

Today, I am Grateful and Thankful...
for another day clean and sober
that my hard work in my yard is very engaging and produces feelings of gratitude and enjoyment of a job well done
When I'm in the "Spiritual Zone," I get the same feelings. I strive to get back to that place today
I have vented my feelings about the frustrations and disapointments of my job, one last time.
No more talk - I'm done and I'm done. From today on, I give no extras, I care as much (or little) as everyone else involved and I do what I can and stop at that.
In almost 2 years, my efforts have not changed one thing. Why does it take me so long to see this? I am a "die-hard." I realize that my past has everything to do with this issue.
I treat every company I work for as I did when I worked for MY own business (the Family Business). It is a dead-end street. "UNCLE, I give !!!!!"

There.

I am Grateful for the fact that I do finally realize that I am repeating every job experience over and over. It is time to step out of this habit and be as ordinary as the next worker.

My late Father gave me a hardy work ethic. In the jobs I have had since leaving our Family business, that work ethic is a curse for me.

Inconguent. Forgive me, I needed to vent this. I am truly aware and set to be different today.
Thanks for allowing me to share.

1 comment:

dAAve said...

Writing, whether online or at home in bed, is a great way to become aware of our feelings, process them and then release them.
It's YOUR blog and you can write whatever you wish.