About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

life safari 01-27-09

Another day to attend to health check ups. It's good to almost be finished with them and I feel better because I have done them.

The "biggie" is Feb. 2nd - colonoscopy time. Yes, I'm going to talk about it. It's one of those things that is not fun, people hate to have done but it is soooo necessary. Collorectal cancer is very curable when caught early. I have a history (on both sides of my family) of pre-cancerous polyps. So, I get checked every couple of years.

Now, it's your turn.

Today, I am Grateful and Thankful for/that...

I am alive and well
even though my computer is failing, I'm perservering
can not get my GPS system fixed to use in Geocaching and I haven't given up yet
to be sober and clean
to have people who love me and whom I love
that it is going to get seriously cold later today and I am not staying home under the covers
that I have a job
a car
a Precious cat
Grace
so much more
thank YOU

1 comment:

Scott W said...

It's good to take care of ourselves.