About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Saturday, February 23, 2008

life safari 2008 (31)

Another banner day in Houston. What a delightful day it is !

I am Grateful and Thankful...

to be alive
to be sober, clean and smoke-free
that I am on a life-changing journey of Faith. The path has turns and detours like other journeys
I am proud to be Catholic and support the precepts and doctrines of the church
that tonight is Birthday Night and Frank celebrates 32 years of sobriety (I got the number wrong prior)
for the fact that I live differently than I did some years ago. I had nothing to do with that Blessing. I realize that God was doing for me then, so that I was prepared for now.
that my faith deepens and matures as the days and weeks pass
I perhaps had little or no control over my early development but I sure have control over my life and development as an adult
I have made some bad choices in the past. Most of my choices have caused a life-time of hurt-for myself and other's whose lives I touched
I will live my today and tomorrows in living amends
Precious
God's Grace

1 comment:

Scott W said...

Something tells me it will all work out in the end.