About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Friday, February 22, 2008

life safari 2008 (30)

Oh, dAAve is very ill. Poor baby can't even keep water down right now. I hope you get better very, very soon Dave !!

And, this Saturday my AA Sponsor, Frank J. celebrates 35 years of sobriety - Happy Birthday Frank !!!!! That is a long time between drinks.

Thank goodness it is Friday. I woke up with a cold - sore throat and congested. The weather changes has many of us in the same situation. Oh well, I am glad for the week to soon be over. One more shift.

Today, I am Grateful and Thankful for...

Spring is around the corner - everything is blooming around here !
my live-in companion, Precious. What a beautiful gift from God she is
the gift of my faith. Had a very challenging talk last night. It made me think about what I really believe and what I do not
to live in a country where I can worship as I wish and I will not be killed for doing so - other's do not have it so, unfortunately
that my past of straddling the fence on issues has everything to do with taking a solid stand on issues today, for me. I messed around and was a "people pleaser" enough for one lifetime
that I have been a loner all of my life. It may come in handy now because - well, what I believe may not be accepted/popular by others - oh well
God's Grace
thank YOU

2 comments:

dAAve said...

I'm glad you had a challenging talk with Precious. She is so talented.
(LOL)

See you at Lambda for B-day Night!!

dAAve said...
This comment has been removed by the author.