About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Thursday, January 10, 2008

life safari 2008 (11)

What a wonderful Thursday !
the weather was outstanding. I had a lovely lazy morning to start and after several cups of coffee got going. Dug up some paperwork I had to respond to.
I took my time in my prayer and meditation and thoroughly enjoyed it. I was very peaceful and serene afterward.

My Gratitude List for today:

We had a wonderful talk tonight on conscience. Particularly, morality and conscience formation as a Catholic. It was very timely as I have been doing work on this very area of my life at this time. I got an answer to a question that I've had in my mind for several weeks. It is the next half of a change (life change) that I am making as I walk my Spiritual Path.

I absolutely LOVE my life today. It is because of opening my heart to God. Oh, make NO mistake. I owe my background of the past 10 years to AA and my AA family for where my journey has taken me to this point. My Spiritual Journey started in 1997 and has taken a route "as the crow flies". A slow, moderate start-again, stop-again route. Nothing planned, nothing expected. But, when I chose to seek solace in the Catholic Faith, my life changed. I stuck my toe in the water in 2005 but found I was not ready to commit. In those two years a small grain of interest and desire began to grow.

One of the best things I've done is join the RCIA program at Saint Anne's Catholic Church !
I have been on a growing and developing faith in God that has totally brought me HOME.

As Bonnie put it tonight, I am as a rose bud about one-third opened at this point in my development.

I am eager for the next two-thirds blossoming
Praise God.

Elayne, thank you so much for the materials you loan me to expand my education and interest.
Frank, thank you for giving of your time as my Sponsor and your help in my journey. I am proud and thrilled to take this walk with you.
Kudos to RCIA Team, Events Team (fantastic food every week) and all class mates. What a wonderful support system I am Blessed with - AA and RCIA-Awesome

1 comment:

dAAve said...

enjoy.
enjoy.
enjoy.