About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

life safari 2008 (1)

Happy New Year everyone. I fell asleep around 10:00 last night so missed (another year) the ball drop in NYC.

I am pleased with the new day today, the colder weather and clear skies.
I have much to be Grateful and Thankful for.

Friends and Family
God's Saving Grace through Jesus' death on the Cross. When I last expressed the thought that I was not good enough to have God's favor and forgiveness, a friend of mine said that... "Surely, Jesus shed one drop of blood for you." I found much comfort in that thought and so remember it when I feel unworthy of God's Grace.
for the committment to get my body in healthy shape - it is, after all... The temple that houses my Soul. My body is on loan to me for this day and age - it is not mine to treat without honor and care
to pray more
to pray with maturity as a Christian
to dedicate my life to God and God's Will
to love my neighbors as myself ( and, you know, it's all about ME) SO,
to carry myself so that folks see Jesus' face when they look at me, not mine
to look for Jesus' face in other's faces
to eat less and exercise more
to love more and complain less
to serve other's unselfishly
to help those who are hungry, homeless and in need of care
the only thing that separates me from those living in the streets is:
a bit of money and a few pills for my mental illness
If these folks had the money to buy the pills they would be like me in most instances - how sad they have not the opportunity that I have been freely given
to do the deal, not just talk about "doing the deal"
God, take me, use me and..."May other's see my good works and glorify God's Name."Amen

Again, Happy New Year ! Peace be with YOU

1 comment:

dAAve said...

Thanks for the reminder of how much I can take for granted. All the time.