About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Monday, December 31, 2007

life safari #171

Well, Good morning on this last day of 2007.
I have been Blessed this year and have learned new things. Now, this year I have the challenge to act on the Blessings and newly found ways and thoughts.

I have let myself go physically. Gained a tremendous amount of weight and gotten myself in a unhealthy pattern - sedentary and lazy.

It is my goal and pledge to get myself up and out and walk - also to eat responsibly and sparingly. I know what to do, I simply have not been doing it - for a long time.

It's the getting the first step made - that is the step I am going to make with much celebration ! I am tired of doing the same things expecting different results. It's much like a dag chasing its own tail, no?

I am eager to begin 2008. I will be 58 Feb. 2, 2008 and look forward with happiness to the year ahead.

It is my mission to improve in these areas:
being more loving to all
better at prayer and meditation
helping the hungry, homeless and battered
becoming more Spiritual
spend less
eat less
exercise more
more Grateful
more Thankful
sharing my happiness with others
changing my thought process
saying nothing negative
judging no one
Happy New Year everyone

I am Grateful and Thankful...
to be alive
to be free of drinking and smoking
to live in America where I'm not persecuted for my religious beliefs and practices
Thank YOU

2 comments:

dAAve said...

I hope 2008 is the best year of your life. All you need do is experience it.

Scott W said...

It's all there for the taking! Sending you best wishes for a dynamic and powerful 2008.