About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

life safari #98

I am appalled by the influence of a certain person on my life in my formative years.
Perhaps part of the trouble I have in changing is that, by "acting" like this person, it keeps this person "alive" to me. I know I went through that with my drinking for many years. Drinking kept another "alive" to me. I finally got into treatment and, enough years passed that I could finally let go of that person. However, it took lots of work in therapy. And many years of therapy. It looks like I need to do some work in that setting again.

Today, I am Grateful and Thankful to/for...

the ability to see that I am stuck and that I need professional help
Ok, I called BL. We will get started changing the dynamics at work in my life that are problematic
the realization that I must verbalize what is in my head in order to get better
what makes sense to me regarding my behavior (some of it) hits other's blindly like a "ton of bricks"
I am confident that these troubling areas can and will be cleaned up with help
I know I am close to breaking out of this barrier that keeps me a slave and "alone"
"alone" in my head with the memories that I'd rather put to rest
I welcome getting through this

2 comments:

dAAve said...

interesting

Scott W said...

Sounds a bit mysterious to me. Good luck getting through all of it.