About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Sunday, January 11, 2009

life safari - Sunday - 01/11/09

Yes, dAAve, right you are.
It's just talk.
However, I am in need of a vacation - desperately !

I am Grateful and Thankful...

that I can turn a switch and get heat and cool in the house - what luxury I am Blessed to enjoy
I am sleeping indoors - I'm not out in the elements and prey for wild animals
I am fortunate to have a few friends - I haven't run them ALL OFF -yet
for the remorse and guilt for the ones I apparently have run off - I miss them
I have gotten in touch with two of the above - my efforts of reconciliation are ignored thus far
that the two above are really BIG losses
that although I buried the memory of these two losses for a time, I believe it has weighed heavily on my inner feelings of discomfort/saddness
perhaps I just need a vacation from myself
I can just imagine how Precious must feel. Perhaps she would enjoy some time to love me from afar (?)
Well, since she is unable to talk, I will never know. Although the two can talk, they choose to be silent
I will never shut the door on anyone again

2 comments:

Akannie said...

Vacations are good.

Easy : Classy by Shiva Karthik said...

hello!

read ur post and just wanted to tell u a verse which i happened to read in another blog. it goes like:

Do not pelt me with stones, for I will use them to build a house
Do not set me afire, for I will light up my home
Do not chase me, for I will reach my goal faster

Be brave and feel good! :-)