About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Friday, January 16, 2009

life safari 01-16-09

What a beautiful, however, very cold morning !

this summer, no doubt I will miss this weather. How soon I forget the opressive heat and humidity ! even as I don't care for cold weather

I have had a wonderful week. Hearing from two friends that shared lots of years and "stuff" with me - much of it while still drinking -because of this, I have been able to shed that deep sense of sadness and loss I have been carrying. I have everything to be happy, joyous and free (spirited) about.

I am Grateful and Thankful for/that...
Grace and Mercy given to me. I will be ever so humble and remember how that moment feels.
this, will aid me in extending the same Grace and Mercy to others

for the gifts of friendship and love - I may not have realized what it takes to "love" before this week but, I guarantee you, I definately know now. Better late than never !

that I have been working toward this change for 11 years through AA and recently, on a Spiritual level. It took getting involved on a religious basis for me to grasp that Spiritual level.

That the AA program is not a "one size fits all" - we all have a different path to the same ending:
stay sober and clean, try and make reforms with the guidelines, have a sense of conscience
awareness and be brave = a sober, clean better life.

for the simplicity of AA that I made so difficult for so long because I was just not able to put it all together at the same time.

the awareness that it was not ME who finally got me where I am internally today - it took a couple of villages for me

and the knowledge that there is more to do now

gratitude that I feel more equipted to go forward from here

Precious. One of many gifts my Lord has Graced me with

The Blessing of happiness today - Friends (all of yous) to walk through my jouney in life with me

Thank YOU

No comments: