About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Thursday, December 4, 2008

life safari 12-4-08


Well, it's cold again, after summer weather yesterday. Only in Houston !
The static electricity is one thing I detest about the cold weather. Also the fact that the skin around my fingernails cracks and breaks.

Happy Thursday, everybody. I have been looking forward to a couple of PBS programs that run tonight. So, I will be happy to finally get to watch them.

Thanks dAAve and Scott regarding the file of passwords. I have a drawer with that info. on it for each thing I use. I just forget to look at the one for my E-mail when the service is interupted. Also, I didn't realize until the other day that "Webmail" is a different password from the E-mail one. Oh, life is complicated ! I think I have it now and will be better prepared from now on.

Today, I am Grateful and Thankful...

for the rain and wind as the cold front moved in last evening
for heat that comes on with the press of a button
that I am blessed with a wonderful cat companion
tomorrow is Friday AND payday !
for much and varied reading material that I enjoy at work every day
that I feel much better about my life situation in regards to my faith, sexuality, religion, beliefs, habits and life in general. I have put myself under a real strain and burden regarding how I felt I "should" be and feel for quite some time
to be free today of the huge question marks and judgements of myself about the above comment
that I accept myself just as I am today - right now. I can not say that I did so for the past several month. I tell you, I feel free today
Free to be who and what I am - and, today I am a proud lesbian, a proud Catholic, a proud woman in recovery from booze and drugs, a proud mother of a wonderful feline, a proud friend and sister to many great friends/family from Lambda Center !
I am proudly going to Mass today at noon and I am not concerned that I could be excommunicated for being gay/bi/whatever the hell I am
I strive to fulfill the principles and characteristics of THE BEATITUDES as given in the Serman on the Mount
I am a child of God and I am a product of a loving God
This is what I know and believe today and that's my story and I am fine in my conscience with it all. We are, after all - SOULS
I do not believe that SOULS have gender identification. We just are
I JUST AM
and today, I am happy with me and love my friends/family
I came to realize last weekend that I have been cutting myself off from the very thing that makes me a good human being - other human beings
I am thrilled to say that, I have taken steps to correct this situation
Praise God
God's Grace and the Grace of loving friends/family
thank YOU
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Findon said...

Yes, a child of a loving God. I'm going to take another look at Emmett Foxs sermon on the mount. Thanks for a lovely post.

Scott W said...

How can the soul, which is beyond death, be anything other than love? The physical body is the only thing that has assigned sex to it. Unfortunately there is too much emphasis placed on us by society.