About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Saturday, December 20, 2008

life safari 12-20-08


December 20, 2008.

Lucie Herrera has expired.

She was lovingly and peacefully put to sleep after living a great life with Trish and Rosie.

I am Grateful and Thankful...

to have known this precious Golden Retriever for some years

that I was in the position to bid her a loving farewell today prior to her peaceful death

I was not aware today would be her day to be called away

I feel that she was ready, however. She looked tired. She put up such a galant fight !

Kidney disease was her demise

She was well loved and well tended to

humans wish to be treated with as much love and respect

I will keep Lucie, Trish and Rosie in my prayers. Precious will too.

We'll see you again, Lucie. Every time a pet is loved beyond measure, you'll be there.

God speed and God Bless. I'll miss your little mug
I'm going to hug Precious real close. Really, really, closely.

1 comment:

Scott W said...

I had Chester and his posse go find her and welcome her to the Rainbow Bridge.