About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Monday, November 3, 2008

life safari 11-3-08

Wow, this day is a perfect weather happening in H-Town today. And, with the time change back to standard time (of which my body clock runs best on), I am filled with gratitude and happiness !

Well, yesterday at the outdoor Rosary service (at the cemetery), my worst fears came true - I blubbered off and on through the entire service. Oh well, I stuck it out, didn't leave and in the end met some very nice folks and had lovely chats before the service. Priests went to all of our grave sites and blessed the graves - (and the people, of course). Since there were far more people that came than expected, the Priests had their hands full. I bet there were 100-150 people at the service. Standing room only. But a day like today - very pretty with a nice breeze on occasion.

Today, I am Grateful and Thankful...

that I decided to participate in the All Souls service yesterday
to be able to cry when I feel sad or overwhelmingly joyful
what a gift to my spirit to not feel I want to hide my emotions today
for the "community" yesterday at the service
also for the sense of aloneness with my feelings of loss that I feel for my departed loved ones
I miss them all terribly. I believe we never say goodbye for the 'last' time but, I do miss them here and now. And yes, I tend to cry about that
and that is just o.k. today
God's Grace Precious
the visitation by the doves and blue jay on the atrium this morning. The jay acually nabbed a baby lizard for his nest
one less for Precious to hunt but,
All Is Well With Our Souls This Day
thank YOU

1 comment:

Easy : Classy by Shiva Karthik said...

well its really nice that you have said how you wept during the service..
iam able to understand how we feel when we are overwhelmed by emotions. and the best thing that could happen at these times being, bringing ourself together to be uninhibitedly ourself.its not pretty usual that these two things could happen together, but whenever they happen, its like letting the pressure out and filling the space with hope and positive energy! Is'nt it!