About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Friday, October 17, 2008

life safari 10-17-08


Wow, one more month and I will have 11 (eleven) years sober and clean ! Awesome. One of my favorite photos of Precious, my beloved cat, is what I call "Precious, praying HER Rosary."

I am such a Blessed woman, I can not express the joy and pleasure this little cat has brought to my life in the years we have been together. Thank YOU Lord for allowing me to be at the SPCA at that particular day and moment in time.

Today, I am Grateful and Thankful for/that...

this beautiful cooler weather
to be up and welcome the sun rise this morning
for Precious and her "little cat ways"
to be alive and well
that today is Friday
to have a busy weekend planned. Much socialization-some somber, some joyous
that Precious got us up and awake very early. Now, I will have time for everything today
for a good book to read. It got so scary last night that I had to stop reading it. I didn't want bad dreams
for old friends. For new friends
to be going to my favorite restaurant tomorrow -Spaghetti Western ! (with Frank-one of my favorite people)
for God's Grace
thank YOU
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Akannie said...

What a joyous gratitude list, dear one. I echo the sentiments.

Have a wonderful weekend and a fun filled Friday.

Akannie said...

...oh....

And what a beautiful baby you have !! She looks much like my little Junko Taibei, except JT has a little more picasso-esque color to her , but from the top angle, looks all grey and white!

Clementina said...

I just can't imaginemy life without Lady Jane in it . . .