About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

life safari 2008g

What a wonderful day to be a new catholic ! The dedication and consecration of the new Co-Cathedral is exciting and beautiful.

The damper for me is that it is the day that Pope John Paul II died. But, He is looking in on the celebration ! This is quite a learning experience also. Many things are being explained that I have never heard because this type of experience has never come up until today-awesome !

I have seen many shows on tv of the Co-Cathedral - inside and out but I am chomping at the bit (as are many of us) to get inside to see it all in person ! Just beautiful, Heavenly and brought together with a lot of love by many folks who love their faith and religion.

I, and the rest of the RCIA students in the Arch Diocese were fortunate to be welcomed into the catholic faith recently by Arch Bishop Firorenza.

I am Grateful and Thankful...

to be in a religion and faith that I love and enjoy
to be sober, clean and smoke-free another day
to be able to witness the dedication of the Co-Cathedral today
for the gift of faith today
for the gift of Precious and her love in our home
God's abundant Grace, Forgiveness, Patience and Mercy
Thank YOU

1 comment:

dAAve said...

It was good to see you.
Sober and smoke-free.