About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

life safari #166

What a wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas Day !!

Good company, good food, good music, goodwill and good weather.

Started Christmas Eve working. Ended with awesome music at Church and Midnight Mass.

Visited with a friend in the hospital late morning. Met a couple of her friends who came to visit also. Talked a bit regarding different topics, rearranged some of her presents so she could view them and had a nice time.

Went by the Lambda Center and got a cup of coffee, cookie and kissed a few frinds and made merry.

Went to have dessert at my sister's. My Nephew and Niece were there with their 4 childeren.
Had a wonderful time watching the kids do their "thing", talked and laughed and kicked back.
The kids all liked their stuffed Zoo Animals that I got them. Each different, all cute as can be. I scored on that Christmas ! I included a photo of the real animal with each stuffed animal.

Julia got the Maned Wolf
Hunter got the Meerkat
Lucy go the Snowy Owl
Ella got the Okapi Giraffe
Lucy wanted Julia's Maned Wolf but that was the only mis-fire we had and that got settled quickly because Lucy is Julia's "little sister" Big sisters know how to diffuse such situations. Julia put the Maned Wolf down the front of her blouse and ran away from Lucy until Lucy got over it.
What a fun and Blessed Christmas I had this year.

My sister and Brother-in-law gave me Miss Beulah's statue of the Pieta that she bought in Rome some years ago. I was and am very touched to have it. As my sister said, none of Beulah's kids are Catholic anymore and she would want you to have it. What a thoughtful gift from two lovely, caring and sentimental people. I will treasure it always.

Merry Christmas !!!!!

No comments: