About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Friday, December 7, 2007

life safari #155

Wow, what a learning experience tonight at Catechism class !
If tears mean "healing", I'm REALLY healing.
It was spelled out very simply (and sweetly I must add) that my conception was wrong. It was an "AHAW moment." Perhaps now I can alter some behaviors that have had me pinned down (emotionally) tightly.

Tonight, I am Grateful and Thankful for/that...

I rented and watched Rein Over Me last night and got pretty depressed because I related to the emotional devastation caused by death of loved ones
I also learned tonight that I am trying to "save" myself - I have very harsh/strict standards
It is not my job. I can not even do that job. That is God's Work. Actually, that work was done centuries ago at Calvary
As a friend stated: Surely a drop of blood was shed for you, K
thank you E
My heart goes out for one of our Team Leaders of the class - Barbara, I love you and will come to see you very soon.
Get Well
God's Grace
God's Saving Grace

No comments: