About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Friday, October 5, 2007

life safari #105

OOOOOHHHHH, Catechism class was awesome last night (earlier) !!!!!
I felt as though I was in a college course. Rose, our instructor, has several degrees on the subject of teaching Religion. I can hardly wait until next week.

I am Grateful and Thankful...

God's Gift of Faith
my safari of Faith has been 10 years in the making (almost to the month)
it is my Blessing to have Frank as my Sponsor in RCIA - He's wonderful
God's Grace
Precious - Oct. 4th was St Francis of Assisi's Feast Day - be kind to your web-footed friend, for a duck may be somebody's brother (remember Mitch Miller?) Come on, sing it...
I am full of energy although I haven't slept. I could not shut off my mind then I got busy doing this and that and, well, here it is morning
I will walk to the mail box that is 1/4 of a mile from the house when I get back from my Therapists office this morning
I am working on my Sloth and Gluttony (taking positive steps to alleviate)
I am extremely Grateful and Thankful to be: Sober, Clean and Smoke-Free again today
thank YOU

2 comments:

dAAve said...

You lost me on the Mitch Miller thing but as long as you're smoke-free, that's OK.

Scott W said...

Be kind to your friend from the swamp cos the weather is cold and damp.