About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Thursday, May 21, 2009

life safari - Thursday 05-09

Well, here we are, another week almost over. Memorial Day on Monday. The 35 year anniversary of my mother's death this Saturday. Robert's wedding day in Mexico City. And, the sad realization that I most likely will not be able to get the morning shift - once again. I don't frankly believe that the one who CAN, is doing what he SHOULD for me in this matter - once again ! I am just re-visiting a place that keeps repeating itself in this work place. It is called CRONYism. Once again, the American (born and bred) takes it on the chin because-oh, forget it ! I could go on but the fact remains that...life isn't fair. No surprise.

I am, however, Grateful and Thankful...

that I have a job
for my Precious cat who is a source of joy and companionship that NO HUMAN can replace - she has her little "cat-ways" you all know what I mean
to be insured - so many of them aren't. Hopefully, that situation is going to change very soon
that, in so many ways and areas, I am a rich person. Wealthy beyond monetary verbage
that I will NOT let this situation with the job define my happiness (or not)
For Jill and the love I feel for her
for the fact that, I feel loved by her today
for the future plans of a trip back to Skyline Drive and the National Park with her later in the summer
for the freedom to look for another job at a relaxed pace. Who knows, something ideal for me may be closer than I know right now
that I am happy in my skin. Glad to be who I am and sad that the world can not seem to achieve PEACE
I am at peace today
thank YOU

No comments: