About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Thursday, May 28, 2009

life safari - Thursday 5-28

I am grateful to have had some very interesting and entertaining "happenings" in my life
I am also grateful to have had some very interesting and fun people in my life
I have had some experiences that other's have not had the opportunity to have
I have had some life shocks that are different than yours
all of these experiences and folks have had a profound effect on the way I view life and, my own life
there are some things I want to repeat and other things I hope I never have to go through again
My heart has rejoiced at times and been broken a time of two
I care too much about some things and don't care enough about some other things
but, mostly, I care too much when it comes to matters of the heart
I seem to have lived my life wanting to be older. When I was young, I wanted to be older so I could be out of my parents' home. Now, I want to be older so I can retire and (hopefully) travel
I say hopefully because, I wonder when I am able to retire, will I have money and health at the same time in order to travel
this concern is on the minds of all my friends who are my age. At least we have this same concern in common
I am grateful to be healthy. I am able get my socks on. I am able to get up and move about with few aching parts most mornings/evenings
any aches I have are put away with a good epson salt soak, Advil and a few hours on a heating pad
I don't lack for much of anything. I long for some things but my needs are met. Today I know the difference between needs and "wants"
I am grateful for the life that I have been living since 1997. It is a life in AA and people whom I love. AA led me to many other pleasing ways of life.
thank YOU

1 comment:

dAAve said...

Hey lady!

I seeeeee you ............