About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Sunday, January 4, 2009

life safari 1-4-09




This is my Sponsor's favorite poem.
So beautiful ! He read it to me this morning and I had to get a copy of it for myself.
Thought I'd share it.
That cold front is moving in here - drat ! I was enjoying the tropical air. But,
I am Grateful and Thankful...
I had success with not getting upset in traffic yesterday
I walked a little ways today. Little but, a start
I made a couple of calls today to people whom I love and have not talked to lately
I, I, I, I, what is wrong with this picture !
AA meetings, work and church are high on my list of "to do's" with regularity
my eating is under control and that includes when I eat out at restaurants - that's BIG !
for my precious cat
that I am going to begin traveling this year. I have stayed home because of my cat. She didn't do well the only time I boarded her for a trip. I am going to find a good place or have someone come to the house and...
I'm going to travel this year. A REAL vacation.
I will pray for Precious' safety and health while I am gone and turn it over to the Lord and accept that whatever happens is as things are supposed to be
I am excited about making changes in my life this year. I am going to be sooooo present in my own life in 2009 !
And, present in YOUR lives in 2009, so there !
I love you all
Thank YOU Lord

1 comment:

dAAve said...

Ask me about the Fat Cat Flats. That's where my 3 girls stay when I/we are out of town. I highly recommend it.