About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

life safari 01-07-09

Have enjoyed a nice leisurely morning for a change. no rushing around to get breakfast, shower and downtown. of course, I have had feelings of shame, doubt and selfishness around this decision. Only because I have not stayed home like this for a while.

I devoted most of the morning to devotions, reading and prayer. Something I give short-thrift too often any more. But, had I gotten up earlier, I could have done it all and still gone downtown.

I was a bit tired this morning when I first woke up so, that is why my decision to lounge longer.

I'll forgive myself. Perhaps tomorrow I'll feel like awaking earlier. And, perhaps it will be warmer tomorrow.

I am Grateful and Thankful...

for God's Grace -it's not earned. It is given. There is nothing I can do to "earn" it (although, I still try)

for Precious and her sweet cat-personality and her love toward me. She is a delight in my life

that I must end this desire to "take care of" other's in my life. I need to take care of me and not give away so much to where I don't have for myself down the line. This issue has been causing me great internal struggle for awhile.

for the bagel and cream cheese I just ate. Now I feel better able to do more moving around

I now feel the walls of the house closing in on me and must get my day started.

I have a birthday card to get and send, better get on it.

to be alive and well today. I also have a desire to stay this way so have made a commitment to have a complete physical. Should have called and made appointments today. I still can and will after my shower.

that writing and talking to other's helps me get things worked out in my mind and also, getting things done.

that I have company in friends and loved ones-I am not alone

Thank YOU

No comments: